Friday, July 30, 2021

Leaving Sebring Resort

                        Leaving The Resort

This old post card, like this place

 has seen better days. 

When I got here I did a series of videos called 
"Random Thoughts On A Divorce"

This blogpost begins with - Random Thoughts on Leaving Sebring Resort.
Perhaps it too will be the first in a series...

I can't ever remember wanting to leave anywhere before.
I've been eager to go somewhere but not so much to leave somewhere.
There have been places where I lived that didn't suit me perfectly. 
The climate - either political or the weather can put me off, it's true.
Oddly enough, those things are pretty tolerable here.
The traffic isn't bad and the folks here are generally very nice.
Not on Facebook of course but in Meet Space even the worst of them are cool(ish).
I live on a beautiful lake with virtually my own private beach.
I came here hurt and confused and heavy in heart mind and body.
I was at a low point in my life and in need of some place to heal myself.
I did that here.
I got distracted from my miserable condition by accepting a job.
I lost weight, got stronger, forgot to be sad and began an adventure of sorts.
I met and got involved with a whole bunch of really interesting people. 

I'm not going to go into the reasons I feel like I want to get away.
Maybe when I'm away for a while I can put it all into a reasonable frame 
of reference or perspective.

For the moment though I'll just try to convince myself that I'm more eager to go somewhere else than I am to just leave here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment