Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Random Thoughts on a Move - Part III


 
Not this morning but close enough...



This is an early one so it might be a little more random than most. 
I may have just seen my last Sebring Stunrise. With a little luck I'll be hitting the road tonight.
That's probably wishful thinking, but one should never give up hope.
The sunrises here are breath taking. The colors, the light hitting the bottom of the clouds and the
reflections off of Dinner Lake or the lakes farther away combine to deliver an amazing view.

Sunrise can have many different meanings. In my own experiences it's varied from -
OMG, did I just spend the whole night in that bar ?  Mostly, it's been more along the lines of,
Oh great, off to work again. There may have even been a few times when I wondered who the
heck is that, and is she going to get up and cook us a nice breakfast or what ? Lately I've watched
a lot of sunrises and thanked God for giving me another day and something way prettier than any
old rainbow I've ever seen. If that was the last one I get to see here, it was a good one.

I've probably experienced a few last times and I've sort of been  watching out for them. The last 
time I got to go to Publix, my last trip to the post office here and the last time I drove someone to 
the jail to visit a loved one were memorable. The last time I have to rewire trailer lights on that darn
truck - okay, that's probably just wishful thinking again. A few things I wont miss are palmetto bugs, 
love bugs and the toads. I wont miss the three am trips to take peeps to the hospital or the hundred 
mile round trip to pick them up from the detox center. I will not miss the hundred plus mile trip to
the VA hospital. Those five or six hour, fifty dollar trips will be replace with a twenty minute run to
Wichita ! 

Well, I'm wasting daylight and it's only about eighty degrees so, back to work for me. I'm going
to try to get the bikes loaded on the trailer before the rain starts. Now if I can only find one or two 
guys to help, I'll be in good shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment