Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Random Thoughts on the way home.




 The next step was the bumpiest one. Not the most difficult but just the worst roads I've ever seen. The people were almost as bad.

The MS welcome sign was supposed to be after the whiney rant but blogging from the phone is confusing. Sorry about that...

Next up, a brief visit to Tennessee. It felt funny that I'd go from Tupelo to Memphis in the course of a day.  If you don't know why, leave a comment please.

I will say that the people in Tupelo were nice and the people on Memphis were just about exactly how I'd heard they would be. Granted, I stopped to secure a loose bit of the junk on the trailer in a "bad" part of town (is there any other kind in Memphis) but only one local tried to mug me.




 Next up was Arkansas. The folks there were mostly really nice and the roads were better except when they were really bad. The first part felt like I was in one of those bucking broncos and drunk. Other than that first fifty miles though they were great. Kudos to the guys who maintain them.

I missed the sign on the bridge over that big muddy river. It, like most of the state was beautiful. Here is a borrowed and badly processed version I found online. 


Well I never been to heaven
But I been to Oklahoma

It's really pretty and the people seems genuinely nice. I'd advise you to go a different way though if you

fillings and want to keep them. The road repairs are continuous and ridiculous. I almost decided to drive on the rumble strips just to smooth out the ride.


Almost home and at this point the phone never stopped. Are you here yet ? Are you there yet ? 

When will you be here ? etc...  This is also about the time that Painter decided to play dead. 

I couldn't get her to talk to me and she didn't budge when I poked her in the cage. I was hot, tired

short of breath and certain that I killed my kitty when we were almost there.

I pulled over in the nearly hundred degree heat. I was in direct sunlight  and rolled the windows up and 

opened the cage to see.  I guess it was an escape plan because just as soon as the cage door opened, she

 was ready to run.  I was so relieved that I couldn't even be mad at her. Also, I was concerned that I'd killed 

myself at the end of the trip too. It must have been a hundred and twenty in that darn truck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment